Home Search  Register
Board Index Search Your Profile Private Messages Members List
It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 04:56

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lake Charm a HUGE success
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 19:03 

G'day all,
Thought I'd write a quick post while I had 5mins to spare!!
Lake Charm has been run and won and what a weekend it was!!!
We were greeted with some nice warm and more importantly, calm weather.
Approx 34 boats turned up with the majority of them being " inboards " ranging from the 1.6 litre hydros, the 4.2's which for the first time in a long time was the biggest class of the day with 7 entries, 5 litre, 6 litre, Russel Jones in his very quick hydro and the Tommy and Tash Dragula show.
A strong but disappointing turn out by the outboards with only one junior, 1800's, 2 litre and only 4 tunnels. ( apparently tow money and the chance for some prize money isn't the draw card it used to be )...
The main race of the day, the Archer Eade Memorial was contested between 8 boats with Paul " Speedie " Eade coming home first in the Budlight weapon, followed by Kris Oakley and then Richie Meades in third.
Some great and exciting racing over the coarse of the day and for those who knock our handi cap off the clock starts, should talk to the 4.2 litre gang who for something different had a go and from all reports actually liked it!!! mmmmm.
Socially the weekend was a huge success.
Not as young as he used to be, Timmy Martin proved to all the importance of sleep and what can happen if you don't get some!!!
Saturday night was incredible. A massive thank you to the Eade family and the team from Budlight for putting the diviner on and to everyone who turned up to support our efforts to raise some much needed funds for SIDS.
From the proceeds of the raffle, a couple of hotly contested auctions and from the dinner we were able to raise $8500 on the night!!!! A great effort from everyone there.
This amount will grow some more as we are selling VOC calendars, shirts, hats, beanies and singlets with a percentage of everything sold going on to SIDS.
All will be at Paynesville and will be for sale to.
Finally a massive massive THANKS to all the people and businesses who donated something towards helping us raise what we raised. I have a list which will be on our website and Facebook page in a couple of days.
I will be annoying even more of you next year so we can raise more than this year.
Now bring on Paynesville!!!
See youse there...